January 22, 2022

The Premier has had very good Sculpin and Sand bass fishing.  The Premier departs Monday-Friday at 8AM and 6:30 AM and 1:00 PM on the weekends!  Book Here

The Malihini is running 3/4 day Rock cod trips departing each day at 6:00 AM fishing in Mexico!  Book Here (Passport required)

We have posted some of our multi-day and long range schedules on line!  Check them out here You can filter out the length of trip or your favorite boat!  If your favorite boat is not listed, it should on line in the near future.


Consider a Private Party whole-boat charter for a one-of-a-kind VIP trip with Family, Friends, or Colleagues.

Check Out Our Fleet     and    Contact Us Today


January 18, 2022

The next Relentless 1.5 day departs this Friday at 6:30PM (Going For Sure.)  They returned from their last 1.5 day with 14 nice Yellowtail, 31 Ling cod and 125 Rock cod!  Book Here

The Malihini is running 3/4 day Rock cod and Ling cod trips fishing in Mexican waters!  They are scheduled to depart daily at 6AM! (Passport required)  Book Here

The Premier is running extended 1/2 day trips departing Monday-Friday departing at 8AM!  Weekend departures are at 6:30AM or 1:00PM!  All the 1/2 day trips are fishing in the Point Loma Kelp Beds or other local areas.  Book Here

The Jig Strike departs daily at 6:00PM for Lobster and Crab hooping.  (Book Here)


Consider a Private Party whole-boat charter for a one-of-a-kind VIP trip with Family, Friends, or Colleagues.

Check Out Our Fleet     and    Contact Us Today


See Older News

Contact Info

P: (619) 222-1144 F: (619) 222-0784 E: [email protected]Location:
2803 Emerson Street
San Diego, CA 92106

Fill out this form and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Frequently Asked Questions

Identification Requirements

A valid picture I.D. is required by the U.S. Coast Guard on all trips, for all passengers – including minors. Be sure to bring your driver’s license, school I.D. or other such documents. Valid documentation for a minor can be a school I.D. or birth certificate. Documents presented must not be expired.

Is A Passport or Mexican Visa Required?

While many of the trips departing daily from H&M Landing fish in Mexican waters, a passport is NOT REQUIRED unless we are fishing near the Mexican coast or near any of their offshore islands. During the summer months, most of our trips are scheduled to fish OFFSHORE (well outside of 12 miles) where a passport is NOT required.

If a trip is operating within 12 miles of the Mexican coast of any of their islands, a Mexican Tourist Visa (FMM) is required. Examples of the types of trips that require an FMM include Baja Long Range, ¾ Day Coronado Islands and Winter Coastal Rock fish. The H&M Landing booking website and/or H&M staff will notify you when you inquire about a reservation whether an FMM and Passport are required on the trip you have chosen. H&M Landing will issue the necessary FMM for trips on which they are required. The process for issuing an FMM requires that the applicant has a valid International or U.S. Passport Book or US Passport Card.

Personal documentation requirements have become standard for both domestic and international travel. While the vast majority of our trips do not require a Passport, H&M Landing recommends that for the most flexibility and whenever practical our customers obtain a valid U.S. Passport Card or Passport Book.

Use this link for more information on Passports.

Where Can I Park?

There is parking available in two public parking lots near H&M Landing. The lot directly in front of the Landing at Emerson and Scott Street is $8 per 24-hour period. Another lot is available across North Harbor Drive for less . In case both lots are full, street parking is available. Please read parking signs carefully for any time limitations.

Driving Directions & Map

Tackle Rental

The Landing tackle store has all of the tackle you might need. Rental tackle is available for all type trips. Because the most effective terminal tackle changes through the season, please ask the landing sales associates advice at the time of departure. A security deposit is required for the use of rental tackle in the form of a major credit card or $100 cash which is returned upon return of the equipment.

Click here for Tackle Suggestions

Clothing Suggestions

For any outing we recommend a hat and sunglasses as protection from the sun. Use a sunscreen rated at a minimum of 30 SPF – you can get sunburned even on a cloudy day. It can get cold on the water so bring something warm… a coat, sweater or sweatshirt, a windbreaker if you have one. Dress in layers so you can adjust to conditions. Wear non-slip shoes. Short rubber boots are great for fishing, tennis shoes work well too. Pack your things in a soft bag or back pack.


H&M Landing’s Captains have decades of experience fishing the coastal waters and offshore banks of Southern California and Baja Mexico. If for any reason your trip is terminated early due to weather or any other unforeseen circumstance, we will provide you with a wind check/rain check to return another day when conditions are more suited for your outing. It is our mission to provide you with a safe, fun, and productive experience each and every time we head offshore.

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

National Weather Service

Marine Weather Forecasts

Marine Weather

West Coast Satellite Visible Image

Other Useful Weather Links

The Fishing Weatherman

San Diego Tides
Phases of the Moon

Reservations, Deposits & Cancellations

Complete Terms and Conditions are available through this link.

What Fishing License Do I Need?

The type of fishing license you will need depends on the the area you will be fishing. Generally, anyone 16 or over fishing in California waters will need a California Fishing License. All necessary licenses are available to purchase at H&M Landing.

The Cost of CA Fishing Licenses:

1 Day License – $15.69 (2018)
Annual Fishing license – $53.74 (2018)
Lobster Card – $9.72 (2018)
All Annual Licenses expire on December 31st each year

You can purchase your California Fishing license
in advance through this LINK.

For complete California Fish & Game Regulations:
CA Department Fish & Game Website

Everyone fishing in Mexican waters needs a Mexican Fishing Permit. If fishing, whale watching or diving within 12 miles of the coast or offshore islands, Mexican Visa (FMM) is also required. Some trips include the Mexican Sportfishing License and Mexican Visa in the price of the ticket; some do not. An Excursion Permit is required instead of the Daily Fishing Permit for all trips of 2.5 days and longer. All required permits are available through H&M Landing for trips aboard H&M fleet vessels.

The Cost of Mexican Fishing Permits, Visas and Excursion Permits:

1 Day Fishing Permit – price varies approx $12 – $15/day
Mexican Visa (FMM) – $30
Excursion Permit – for 3 day – $79.00, each additional day $3

For Mexican Fishing Regulations: Mexico’s Dept of Fisheries Website

Travel Insurance is recommended. One choice is: 619-460-5615 www.travelguard.com

Concerned About Motion Sickness?

You may find these suggestions helpful.

Need a Hotel?

Ask for the H&M preferred rate at the hotels on our local hotel list.